Do I need a disc golf basket?
If you’re getting more serious about playing disc golf, buying a disc golf basket is a great idea. Your first basket doesn’t have to break the bank - you just need a target to aim at that can catch your discs. Practicing putting helped me to improve my rounds by an average of 4 strokes in the first month of practice.
Below are our top 5 favorite disc golf baskets under $100 in 2021.
The Franklin Sports Disc Golf Target is a great target for kids or families having fun in their yard. It comes in at the lowest price on this list, so do not expect perfection. We strongly recommend paying a little extra for the metal chains variant - the plastic chains are terrible at catching discs. The basket includes a carry bag to help with portability.
- Low price.
- Great starter basket.
- Great for kids.
- Many customers complained about the discs that come with the basket being warped.
- Not designed for a serious disc golfer.
- Can blow over in heavier winds.
- One of the metal clips is prone to deformation, which can make the entire basket useless.
Overall Rating: 2.5/5
The Yaheetach Pro Disc Golf Basket is our second cheapest option on our list. This basket doesn’t compete in quality with our other contenders, but the low price means that it is a fantastic option for those just starting out. This basket works well for home practice, and even comes with a bag to help with portability.
- Low price.
- Galvanized chains gives the basket a longer life outdoors.
- Easy to assemble.
- Good customer service.
- Not double chained - doesn’t catch discs as well.
- Some customers find the case too small to fit all the pieces in easily.
Overall Rating: 3.5/5
This precision basket is designed to help hone putting accuracy. A much smaller target area requires disc golfers to be much more precise with their putt. This basket is known for its quick assembly. Unfortunately it does not hold up well outdoors, and several customers have complained of the basket being unstable.
- Helps with putting accuracy more than a normal basket.
- Very fast assembly.
- Does not hold up to weather well. Should be stored indoors.
- Some customers complained of the basket not being stable.
Overall Rating: 4/5
This basket is very similar to the MVP Lite Basket. Coming in at $10 cheaper, it is a very competitive basket. The only issue that keeps this product from our first place recommendation is that many customers didn’t receive washers with their purchase, which are required for assembly.
- Zinc coated chains help the basket resist rusting.
- Light and portable.
- Quick assembly.
- Very sturdy.
- Expect a lot of spit-outs.
- Chains aren’t as heavy as is standard.
- Many customers complained of not receiving washers (required for assembly).
Overall Rating: 4.5/5
This basket is in first place for a reason. Bang for buck, no other baskets can beat it. Known for being a very solid and sturdy basket, while still light enough to be easily portable. This basket by MVP manages to compete with the highest quality of baskets while coming in under $100.
- Easy to assemble.
- Sturdy build while still a light basket.
- Very portable.
- All round a very well made basket.
- Some customers complained of chains being too light to stop a disc.